Road to Taj


Taj Mahal in Agra, India

The mandatory photo! :)


My cousin and I went to India last October 31, 2014. We celebrated All Saint's Day at the world's most beautiful tomb----The one and only TAJ MAHAL! 

With my cousin Rhods 


From Dubai, we booked a flight going to New Delhi. We stayed there for 1 night, then travelled to Agra the next day via Yamuna Expressway using a Tata car. It was actually a foggy morning that day. You will see our journey in the travel video I uploaded here. 

I was speechless when I saw the road sign saying "To Taj Mahal". I still can't believe I was actually there! My world history lesson then came into my mind and all of a sudden, Mr. Nordy Siason's face appeared out of nowhere!!! He was my high school adviser which also happened to be my history teacher! (Hello sir! I hope you will read this post. Haha)

I was trembling with excitement. This is it! This is really IS IT! Haha. We arrived in Agra before lunch time. We checked-in first and headed to the nearest resto near our hotel. We ate at Taj Darbar which served authentic indian dishes.

Around 2pm, we met our driver again with our tour guide. Actually, we thought getting a guide was a waste of money since we had an idea what Taj Mahal is, its history....stuff like that. But getting a guide was also helpful. He facilitated eveything for us, which made our journey a lot easier! 

We took a tourist transportation car going to the gate of Taj. Private cars are not allowed by the way because their Tourism Department is very strict when it comes to air pollution that might affect the beautiful tomb---it means, any kind of  transportation with fuel is prohibited! What we had was a car operated by electricity. 

When we entered the gate, we went to an electronic inspection---the one that the airports are using. After that, we still entered another gate inside---the main entrance going to the tomb. There, in the main entrace, you will see the glistening tomb from afar! What you see in a postcard is exactly the same one you will see inside! My wish was granted!!!! Taj Mahal was my 1st out of 7 Wonders of the World.


Please check our travel video edited by my cousin Rhods. Enjoy! :) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schengen Visa Application Guide in Dubai

The DEAD SEA Floater

NEPAL: A Country You Can Call Home Part 2 (Pokhara)